SIOS-KC publishes the annual State of Environmental Science in Svalbard (SESS) report. For each issue a separate editorial board is established.
The editorial board usually consist of two senior scientists, an Early Career Researcher, and two representatives of the SIOS-KC.
The tasks of the editorial board are:
- review received contributions
- organise a scientific review process
- merge all contribution to a coherent report (synthesis work, write the executive summary)
- prepare the SESS report release
- prepare promotion material
The editorial board works in close cooperation with scientific and communication advisors within the SIOS community.
Members of the editorial board are expected to attend approx. 7 board meetings (on video), and the Polar Night Week in Longyearbyen.
The application and selection process of the Early Career Researcher is coordinated by APECS.