That depends on the work plans, but it is up to each representative to adjust the individual work load. When preparing the work programme for the next year, a ‘in-kind budget’ is made, estimating the work load which follows each task in the work programme. Members take responsibilities for these tasks and commit their in-kind contribution for the next year.
Some examples of activities during the previous years:
- IAG wrote a communication strategy document as deliverable and advises in ongoing outreach activities;
- RICC worked on the observation facility catalogue and actively contributes to the Access programme to SIOS Research Infrastructure;
- SOAG is working on the research infrastructure optimisation report and develops the SIOS core data;
- RSWG is organising montly webinars on topics related to remote sensing in Svalbard;
- SDMS WG has tasks like programming, preparations of end points, documenting data and data life cycle guidance in addition to developing policy documents.